Sunday, February 5, 2012

Shaving Cream On The Lawn

We were outside and the girls were dragging out toys to play with and I said "Make sure you get cleaned up before you go in. Do not go in with dirty feet." They were bare-footed, the ground was wet, and they immediately went inside without cleaning up. Naturally, I yelled at them and told them to come back outside and not to go in until I or their mother told them they could. I walked around to the front, opened the garage door, went inside. They were already all the way upstairs. I asked them if they had wiped their feet, the older one said "no," and I yelled at them again.

I'm beginning to think that parenting isn't a learning experience. It's more of an ultimate challenge to maintain your sanity, while spending every day and night with crazy people for a minimum of 5 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment