Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Simply Not Enough

For some reason, when I fall asleep at the computer, I always seem to wake up to see an endless line of K's. Why k's? I don't know. But more importantly, why am I falling asleep at the computer? That's simple; I'm not getting enough sleep. I always hope and plan to be in bed earlier, then I wind up falling asleep somewhere else. Sometimes I'm perched beside my three-year-old on top of her princess blanket. Other times I'm bent impossibly in half, leaning all the way over the side of the crib where my 9 month old is sleeping. I've fallen asleep standing up doing the dishes, standing up watching tv, brushing my teeth. The truth is, I'm too lazy to go to bed. Instead, I fall asleep doing everything BUT going to bed. This is my current version of a ridiculous man. I hope to graduate soon, to a new - wiser version of ridiculousness. Meanwhile, I'm going to shut down this computer and get a glass of water, make sure my cell phone is charged, check all the doors, make sure all the lights are off, look in on my daughters....Damn, it's a long way to bed - I should carry a pillow with me - or maybe just strap one to my headkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

2 comments: