Saturday, February 12, 2011

Check between the cushions

I like watching tv to be entertained and lower my stress. But I find myself watching a little too long - then I wind up watching really crappy tv. The only thing worse than really crappy tv, is really crappy tv - late at night - when you should be sleeping. I need a tv that turns off automatically after it's been on for several hours. A message could pop up on the screen that says buffering, initializing, checking for viruses or de-crap-ifying, followed by the time it will turn on again.

Am I too lazy to turn off the tv? Yes. But here's my question: Why do I expend more energy wandering the living room trying to locate the remote, than I would by just walking over to the actual tv and pushing a button. I guess it's because I demand convenience, and I'm going to search and search and search for it until I've found it. I'll be damned if I don't enjoy that convenience with the handy remote rather than actually trekking all the way to the tv and pushing the one button with my spoiled finger.

1 comment:

  1. you aren't the only one...
    http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/02/10/6025793-study-third-of-americans-would-give-up-sex-to-keep-remote-control?gt1=43001

    ReplyDelete