Thursday, February 24, 2011

Better Like This or Better Like This?

I hate reading glasses. I don't hate them for reading, they're good for reading. But if you happen to look up from reading and you look at ANYTHING else, it's all a foggy blur. I can read without my reading glasses, but they do make reading easier, plus I don't get a headache after reading for a while (perhaps I should be wearing them right now - but the computer screen has more contrast than the page, so I feel like it's not really necessary). I just have a shorter range to see close-up anymore, so I have a mild prescription for reading glasses. Is it me, or is it extremely annoying to have to take them off every single time I look up? I know, I want to be writing the next big thing, so i prefer to read a lot so that my writing skills will sail upward and keep my writing instincts from becoming formulaic. It just sucks that I can't even glance away from the book for even a second without wanting to yank my glasses off. If it sounds like i'm whining, you've got my tone exactly. Thanks for listening, I mean reading.
btw - Don't get me started on the outrageous cost of frames (even those made in China).

1 comment:

  1. You are so lucy to only need reading glasses you funny man if you have those kind that my mom always picked up in the local pharmacy for a couple of bucks, you lucky duck. And, in whatever color that you can think from yellow, brown, green, striped or pink. If you are in that boat, you not a stubborn goat but if glasses make you float than please go ahead and gloat for I must spend 1/2 a paycheck or more to see a far and when they are used and dingy, it must be the tar from the road that I nadar. So you see, you are so lucky if you have those kind of glasses, my dear.

    ReplyDelete