Sunday, August 31, 2014

Your Kids Know Better Than You

Thinking about the future?  Your kids aren't.  No sir, no wasting time on  stuff that doesn't exist yet. They are working hard on right now.  So what if that work involves running back and forth from the living room to the kitchen screaming "Don't punch my butt!"  The point is they know how to keep busy with whatever is happening right around them.

I think this is a form of wisdom.  Maybe it's also a form of survival.  They don't need to be globally connected.  They're plugged into the moment.

A nice thing is, that if you're there with them, you too can benefit from their wisdom.  I highly recommend this.  Get sucked into games with young children.  That is the real world for them, and they're happy to have you join them there.

There's nothing like it.  And it's that feeling that makes me sad, when I think about my kids growing up and unplugging from the magic and beauty of this present moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment