Saturday, April 6, 2013

Running Naked

My daughters are chasing each other around the kitchen, dressed in princess underpants and yelping like puppies.  Their faces reflect intense enjoyment, so why should it bug me so much?  Maybe it's because I'm not having as much fun as they are.  I think about joining them screaming in a circle in my underwear.  While this image may be unpleasant to you,  -  apparent within it, is the distressing preoccupation with appearance that plagues all adulthood.  Will we ever get our priorities as right as they were when we were children?

I can't answer that.  But I do know this:  Running around half-naked while screaming, is not necessarily an indication of anything other than sheer joy.

Now you're probably thinking about doing just that with your mini-people, so here's my advice:  Draw the blinds and go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment