Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Perfect Size

I have a plan
I ought not tell
But you may know it just as well
To keep them tiny, keep them small
Ensure they will not grow at all

I have a plan, I'll shrink them
Into my pocket blink them

I have a plan
When no one's looking
I'll put them to sleep
In that way they'll keep
Precious little angels dreaming
Night and day I don't stop scheming

I have a plan, I'll mold them
So tightly will I hold them
Safe in the swaddle they will stay
Never will there come a day
When they grow up and go away!

I have a plan, I'll pinch them
I'll tuck them in and inch them
I'll squeeze them tight, I'll cinch them
With all my might, I'll clinch them
Just as they're the perfect size

I have a plan to grow them down
Like plants that creep along the ground
I'll keep their heads and bodies low
Like mini monsters in a row
With blissful faces all aglow

I have a plan to wrangle them
To constantly untangle them
To keep their arms and legs from sprouting
And from their clothes always grow-outing
I'll talk to them, no lies, no shouting

My plan is simple:  Just reverse
This make-believe destroying curse
That makes the doubts and fears grow worse
I'll show them hope instead and pride
I'll fill them full with love inside

And when my plan stops them from climbing
Towards regret and rigid timing
Then I'll turn and let them teach me
With their elfin fingers reach me
In their blessed way beseech me
Not to lament their growing older
Instead I'd better choose the bolder path
The one the seasons blithely take
And know their own is no mistake






No comments:

Post a Comment