Sunday, December 30, 2012

Will I Remember?

As soon as my children fall asleep, all I want to do is stare at them.  Their little faces are so sweet.  They are so peaceful and perfect. They are so young, so precious, I feel as if all I want to do is stay with them, love them and keep them safe.  It's as if they've somehow become so much of a priority, that it takes an effort to come up with even a handful of other things that are truly meaningful to me - besides these little people of mine.  Besides my wife, there really doesn't seem to be anything nearly as important.  The feeling is so acute, that I'm fixated on them, and I can hardly stand it.  It happens each night, and I'm sad for them to grow up.  I want to climb into bed with them and just be there.  And I wonder, when they're grown, will I remember this time - and just how much it meant to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment