Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day


I need to be (and want to be) a good father and make sure my daughter's mother - who's also a wonderful wife - has the kind of Mother's Day she deserves. But I can't just say "okay, leave everything to me honey. Just relax and i'll take care of everything today." I can't take care of everything. I can barely put Zoe's hair in a pony tail. But I can remind Emily just how wonderful she is, which I tried to do. Still doesn't feel like enough, though. So all of you mothers out there, please hear this: You're great! Just being who you are is a step above the general , run of the mill, ordinary, mundane, work-a-day, average Sally. Look in the mirror if there's no one else around to do it for you and say "I'm wonderful, I'm great, I'm special." You, and (almost) you alone know the secret to making little people blossom. Thanks. Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. "The secret to making little people blossom"
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete