Monday, February 8, 2010

Best Quote Ever

I was in the garage organizing stuff in the trunk of my car, when I heard a noise - popped my head up - and saw Zoe standing there in her bare feet. "Zoe!" I said, sounding a tad annoyed and whiny. "You're not supposed to be out here right now!" She continued walking towards me and said, matter of factly, "If I hug you, I can kiss you." That had to be the best thing she could possibly have come up with. I mean, how do you respond to that? I looked at her little face for a second, shaking my head in blissful bemusement. Then I scooped her up and smooshed my lips into her adorable cheek. I continued rearranging the trunk with one arm, while cradling her in the other. Then we both went inside together and told mommy the story. After that, we hugged and kissed one another for a while until we fell down giggling.

1 comment:

  1. It is the best quote ever! Happy Birthday Dogged Daddy!! My favorite video was when Emily says, "She likes to make up words" and I think to myself hmmm make up words, who does that remind me of ;)

    ReplyDelete